July 27th, 2014 // HOGWARTS | Europe Trip Day 1

0 Comments
Honey, I'm home. (This picture was taken by Wendy)

Europe Adventure Day 1

Saturday before my trip I spent most of the time attempting to pack, loosing my self will and watching TV instead. It was a rainy and gross morning and I was sad that I was leaving which also attributed to my negative move. Hanna had left and was the last one from my first group of friends made here so that left me in a funk. Needless to say, I was not keen to be traveling. It all started to change when Winifred showed up. She had quite the trouble with Ryan Air getting to Dublin, which made me laugh but only made her glare at me. I felt that describes our relationship pretty accurately. One glares, and one laughs. We ate at Bewley's that night, my favorite cafe in Ireland so it was delicious as always. We headed to my home from there to finish packing. I decided to take Wendy to the Barge to get a Guinness. Only so she could say she had a pint of Guinness in Dublin. She wasn't a fan of it. We headed back home after that to pack and sleep. I finished packing a little after one a.m. I was up at four a.m. Dublin was still out partying. It was a little insane. There was a herd of taxis as well. I had never seen so many in my life. It became a game, weaving through the drunk people on our way to the bus stop. We made it with three minutes to spare.
It showed up late, as is the Irish way. Wendy and I made it through the airport with minimal issues... until I realized I left my insulin (most of it) back home. Great start to the day. The plane ride was fine. Aer Lingus has got it down. I slept/dozed for most of the time and we were in England before long. I managed to remember how to get to Ruth's, which I took and translated into points that upped my status on navigation. All three of us went out for a Sunday Roast and then to a pharmacy to see what could be done about the insulin problem. A very nice man with a British accent sent us to the clinic. Three hours later and a quick trip to Ruth's and back, I had a free prescription for Insulin. It was incredible and extremely eye-opening. I did not bring this disease on me, and it's life threatening and I for once did not have to spend hundreds of dollars a month on supplies. I got it for free. 
Ruth had to go to work so Wendy and I raced to Watford, where the Harry Potter Studio Tour was. The tour was worth every penny. It was magical! They filmed there and I the sets were beautiful and all of the detail--- it was unreal. Everything that was designed for the films was flawless! So many beautiful props and costumes. I can't even describe how amazing it is with words, so I am going to hope the photos do some justice. (There will be more commentary on this blog post than any before). I loved every freaking moment of it. It was a long tour, about three hours worth but so good! I was able to witness people creating brooms and everything was behind the scenes, which lets be honest: I hate (lies, all lies I love anything behind the scenes). It was so fascinating.
Eventually we started on our long trek back to Ruth, who was an incredible host. We tried not to fall asleep, yet again, I failed. We got off the correct bus but proceeded to get lost making our way back to Ruth's flat. She had made up our bed and left two sets of towels and adaptors for us. She is an angel. We finally laid down to sleep close to midnight. We turned the lights off and that's when we heard it. The tiny buzzing.
Mosquitos.
We (Wendy) spent a good time hunting the little beasts because we would find them, she would attempt to kill them and then we would lose sight of them. I would turn off the light and then that stupid buzzing would start again, I would turn on the light, Wendy would hunt, I would laugh and it just kept like that for a while. Wendy, being the badass hunter that she is, managed to spare no mosquitos and we finally slept.

The double decker bus that was decorated with Harry Potter on the outside and had music playing inside.


You walk in and there are just giant images of all these characters.



Made Wendy take a photo again.

My home!

Yes.

Yes.

I was at the front gates of Hogwarts.

AND IN THE GRAND HALL


They all actually sat here and ate.


Those fires were live during the film.




And I met Dumbledore.




Those murals on the walls were painted with the intention of fading. One day they won't exist, but I got to see them.

If you haven't figured it out just yet, the detail and time put into these props are unreal.

The floating ceiling, nbd.



LUNA I SEE YOUR DRESS





I made it home guys.



alohomora

Mirror of Erised






It moved.




Sherbert Lemon

Totally won the goblet of fire. Don't be jealous. I'm just that talented.

All these gold trinkets were made for his office.

Everything was made, it's crazy.




Yes, the cauldron stirred itself.







LOOK AT THOSE DETAILS


The broom and bike moved as the presentations went on.



This and pro-bending. The only sports I care about.





Who doesn't want to live here?




Okay, so the death eaters were piss your shits terrifying in real life. They were so scary.

Okay, this is where I teared up. All these works were designed for this film. This is only a very small portion but I stood in front of this glass case and nearly cried because of how flawless these designs were. This is what I want to do with my life.
























Ugh. HER room. (still, so pretty..)

BROOM MAKERS


Again: Look at the detail!











This was a cool portion, it was all the monsters. 



Still not over it.


Yes, most of these things moved.



That spider was twice my size


DIAGON ALLEY





My house will now have magnifying glasses in the window.


That's right. Someone's job is to dress up in quidditch gear and stand there. I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE




My geeky side (if not already present) found itself here. Models and blue-prints...



Concept art

Hogwarts







All those boxes are hand made.



Yes, I was a tourist. All these next photographs were taken by Wendy.









I was clearly more excited (and she let me drag her along)




Hogwarts, I'll be back. I'm coming home.



You may also like

No comments:

Blog Archive