Road Trip Day 3: Angel Oaks, Charleston, Myrtle Beach

0 Comments

We woke up in the car and my back so so creaky. But as I said before- completely worth it. Wendy and I drove to Angel Oaks first, which was quite amazing. The branches were so large and long they hit the ground and became roots almost. This is the biggest tree in America if I recall. My only critique is all the people. Dang people need to move out of my shot.

We went back to Charleston after Angel Oaks and I was glad we went back because it was much less like the set of the purge and actually quite a nice place. Myrtle Beach was our next stop where our goal was to get a hotel room so we could shower. This proved to be very difficult as we were not 25. After calling lots of different places we finally made it to a hotel that would let us book. It was really a nice one, with a water park and everything inside! It was made for kids, and the clerk thought we might have kids. The conversation went along the lines of:

Clerk: "You don't have any kids do you?"
Me: ......
Wendy: *laughs*
Me: "No.."
Clerk: "You're not twenty-eight, are you?"
Me: "Also, no."

Why being twenty-eight equaled kids, I will never know.









 







And into Charleston again:
See, a nice place with people who aren't trying to kill you.



I have a thing for old signs.









CALYPSO & LEO 4 LYFE

We arrived in Mrytle Beach and hated it. There were so many tourists and people yelling at tourists and cat calling and it got old very fast. We preferred our quiet cities. But once night fell, it became better. We walked around and went to get on the the sky wheel, the whole reason we came to Mrytle Beach. It was pretty awesome, and we goofed around as per usual. 












We ended the night by going on this bungee ride. I was told that I would have to take off my mp3 player (aka: Magnus, my insulin pump). I told him I actually didn't have to take it off but I did anyway because I didn't want him going flying into the ocean. We were buckled into these seats and then shot into the sky. It was perfection. I ran to the hotel after this so I could write down the sensation in my journal before I forgot it. So this is what I wrote:



"We're in a tourist town and so there are lots of people always trying to get you to buy something and calling you, loud music and lots of flashing lights. We got in the seats and I could feel the bungee cords tightening, and then it released. All this adrenaline and energy was simply released at the same time as we raced up and up and up... and then it was like we broke through an invisible barrier. It went from loud, noisy and full of lights to immediate darkness and silence. It was surreal how quickly it happened and how peaceful it felt. It was just us and the perfectly clear night sky. We started to spin then, the world turned upside down adn right side up and upside down again. I tried to find any light to look on, to orient myself. I shouldn't say any- just the bright half moon and the tip of the skywheel. Then the bungee started to lower us we didn't break the wall of serenity. I would have stayed up there forever if I could have. We were so close to touching the sky, and the amount of calm... it was just like flying. Just us, alone with the stars. The ultimate freedom."




You may also like

No comments:

Blog Archive