May 18th, 2014 // Galway & Cliffs of Moher, Ireland

0 Comments
Cliffs of Moher // Ireland

I'm so in love with this country.

 This was my first weekend in Ireland, and it was also my first day trip. My roommates, Natalie, Katelyn, and Hanna decided to take a train to Galway. I woke up pretty early and we took a taxi to the station and loaded up onto a train. It was pretty cool, our names were above our seat reservations and there were four seats in a group with a table in between. It went decently slow and I tried to stay up because I didn't want to miss anything-- I lasted about half the trip. It was raining and I was tired, plus a slow rocking train would have put an insomniac to sleep. The trip itself was about a two hours, so it wasn't bad at all. We left a pretty cloudy and overcast Dublin to eventually arrive at the Cliffs of Moher on a strikingly stunning afternoon. We hadn't planned on heading there right away, we just all got to Galway and tried to figure out what to do from there.
We stopped in a tourist station and talked about getting a bus to beautiful areas around there. There were so many options, but Cliffs of Moher being the most famous we voted on that. We had a little bit of time before our coach was going to leave so we walked around Galway and found a nice tavern to eat brunch in. We ended up almost missing our bus. Which doesn't sound that out of the norm... except that it was bright green and impossible to miss. (We were standing around the corner and didn't see it). Clearly we made it! And the drive was incredible. Ireland is just stunning. The driver was a little crazy but we made it there in one piece. The cliffs... they were breathtaking. Unreal really. We walked around and goofed off. Hanna and I climbed onto this crazy ledge that dropped off but was well worth the little hike down. I don't think we stopped laughing the entire trip, we were just in awe of this place. Katelyn saw all the sheep she wanted and I got the shots I wanted. We ended the trip with ice cream cones (which would soon become a tradition with my roommates). It was my favorite day.

Hand-written Journal Excerpt:

"Oh- I can't even begin to explain how amazing this place was. The four of us just laughed the entire time. I got some amazing shots. I can't wait to edit them. Best day in Ireland thus far. I cannot wait for more adventures with these girls."







The tavern we ate our breakfast in




The bus we nearely missed




Funny story about this castle. We were driving in the bus and it was on Nat's side of the bus, so I jumped over her essentially to try and get a picture with my big camera. She nudged me and I nudged her back and we were fighting for window space. Natalie: Get out of my shot!
Me: Shh, don't worry! Don't worry! I'll get enough for both of us!
Then we proceeded to nearly pee ourselves with laughter for the next half an hour. Good times.

Really love this shot for some reason.


















































































Ending this lovely post with this baby who just kept dancing to this street musician.


You may also like

No comments:

Blog Archive