July 28th, 2014 // England | Europe Trip Day 2

0 Comments
Stonehenge // England

Day  2
I slept in to half ten this morning and woke up to make coffee. I eventually made breakfast (fruit with yogurt) and we planned our hostel to Paris, which we still hadn't done. We ended up having to leave pretty quickly to make it to the pharmacy and then into London for our tour. The first pharmacy we went into said they'd have to order the insulin. I about had a mini heart attack so we went into that happened to be two doors down. They had it. Thank the lords. I got my free insulin and we rode the 38 bus to Victoria, London. We made the ten minute walk in five, found our bus stop and even grabbed a snack before boarding. Then we were on a bus to Stonehenge. We got off the bus but our bus guy was extremely unhelpful. There was nothing given to us as in "you go here." or "wait a minute and there will be a trolly to pick you up to the site that you came here to see but still can't see so I understand why you may be confused". I honestly didn't care too much as we made it there in one piece and there was food. We went straight to the trolleys that took us to the stones. They really were beautiful. Crows were all over them, which I think added some level of awesomeness. We walked around and the countryside was almost more stunning. My favorite scene was when these RV's were lit up by the sun. I took a picture but it just didn't do it justice. 

Handwritten Journal Excerpt: 
"It did remind me of the south though. I'm starting to realize Europe isn't so different than the states which is both enlightening and earth shattering at the same time."

Eventually we headed back to the pavilion we were dropped off at because of food reasons. Both Winifred and I have found a new and intense love of food being over seas. It's just so good here. We had a steak pastry. Soooo good. So good.
We got back on the bus and headed to London again. It was around nine at night when we arrived and we went to the station We bought a map (something we should have done eons ago) and made our way to Westminster. We saw London at night and Big Ben was as beautiful as ever. We walked to the London Eye and ended up getting fish and chips at this restaurant called Giraffe. Our waiter had sleeves... gods do I love tattoos. After we ate we made it to the underground and navigated to Hackney. Then we made it to Ruth's with only one small detour. We stopped and bought her ice cream as a thanks and had no mosquitos to hunt that night. It was a great day in all.


Those little tiny things in the back there that look like white trees are the RV's I mentioned









I make Wendy take pictures.

See. Beautiful.


 





Taken by Winifred




Day 1 


You may also like

No comments:

Blog Archive