July 6th, 2014 // Glendalough, Wicklow & Kilkenny

0 Comments

I started out my journal entry for this trip while I was sitting at a cafe in Kilkenny, The Medieval City of Ireland. I got on a bus tour to go se Glendalough (valley between two lakes). I went on my own this time and it was great. But I started to find myself wishing some of my close friends were with me. While on this trip I kept thinking of how amazing they would find these places, and also how they would understand how amazing I found these places. It would make the experience more magical, I think. Glendalough (the image above) was absolutely stunning. Before ending up there, I walked through a place called The Monastic City. It was a graveyard and ruins of an old monastery. I twas pretty damn cool. I found Rapunzel's tower. It's in an image below. 

I got lost, as per usual. I did manage to find both the lower and upper lake. They were breathtaking. I had to head back pretty soon after reaching the upper lake, or I'd miss my bus. I wish I had more time to just sit by the lake and think, but I was already the last one back to the bus as it was... oops.

We headed to Kilkenny next, which is where I walked around and found a cafe and was writing this entry I'm now typing up. After I ate (delicious lasagna and tea) I went to the castle and walked around the grounds. I had enough time to get an ice cream cone (this was becoming traveling tradition over my summer abroad) and sit on the castle grounds. I took a picture of the ice cream cone and castle grounds to my best friend Amber who promptly responded with: You're slaying life right now.
So true. I had an amazing, out of this world, summer. But I came to a realization this summer, as most of my summer was re-organizing my priorities. I wrote this:

I think I'm starting to realize that places and adventures are better when they're shared. I think I just prioritized people above places and events... oh wow.


Picture taken while riding on the bus


The Monastic City & Rapunzel's tower









This is what the scenery was while I was walking in search of the lakes





The lower lake






The upper lake





It was so stunningly green

Kids were playing in the forest, it reminded me of faeries

I was caught snapping a picture


Rapunzel's castle from afar








Wicklow Mountains



P.S. I Love You was filmed here


Kilkenny Castle





















Castle grounds overlooked this

Still the castle grounds




















You may also like

No comments:

Blog Archive