May 24th, 2014 // Cork & Blarney Castle

0 Comments
'

Elizabeth, Natalie, Hanna & I all traveled to Cork this weekend. Katelyn was visiting her friend in Paris, the jerk, so we missed her greatly. We arrived in Cork and we all really liked it. It was interesting because everyone from Dublin was just so 'meh' about Cork. We thought it seemed like a smaller Dublin. I think there is some slight rivalry. 
We walked around the city a little, and ate at a cafe above a giant farmers market. It was freezing so I ordered lamb stew and it was so good. Maybe some of the best food I'd ever had. 
After we meandered around the city we hopped on a bus to Blarney, we wanted to go see the castle.

Castles are unreal. They're just not real. The grounds of Blarney Castle were amazing. 

*DISCLAIMER* IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN FAERIES, YOU WILL AFTER SEEING THESE PICTURES

We climbed up to the top of the castle and kissed the Blarney Stone. It's supposed to give you grace, I don't think it worked. None the less, we were hanging through an opening and could just fall straight out. I wanted to just hang there upside and look at the grounds for a while, but the nice man who was paid to keep us from dying or the queue from getting too long pulled me up. Rats.

I decided I loved the grounds, and as much as I would love a castle-- they were so dark! The windows were tiny, I think I would have been depressed in them. 





Guys. I like clocks.








The lovely market we had our lunch at












We ended up in the Shire





We were in the murder hole, we figured we should look scared

















TINY WINDOWS


We were all amazed at this castle




















Look at these views!























awesome




We all kissed the stone













All those flowers were poisonous. So I ran

And Nat

captured it all

on camera.

At least I look happy at the end





Hanna picked the last flower. At least she looked happy about it!






FAERIES EXIST







I ran up and jumped, they were having some issues...



Someone lives here. Actually lives in this house.


Only in Ireland.










I napped in the faerie glade









Natalie kept me in here for a while...










This wall was so old, it was amazing to see it standing.





You may also like

No comments:

Blog Archive