Formality in the South

0 Comments
For those of you who don't know me in person, I'm currently attending a college in south Alabama. I'm from Huntsville Alabama, so being in the south is my home. But don't worry guys, I don't have a southern accent.
I'm now at my third year of college, and at my third college. I attended the University of Arizona and then did a study abroad in Japan. I went from the desert to a bustling metropolis, to south Alabama. The last two were a bit of a culture shock. I went from learning how to train surf to men refusing to sit down on the transit until I took their seat. Welcome to the south and southern hospitality. It's kind of nice. (:
The reason for this blog post was just simply because I find the south interesting sometimes. Especially when it comes to football and formality. So here are my thoughts;

Southern Football. There is nothing like it. If you're reading this and have attended a college football game, then you understand how crazy it can get. If you're not at a southern school, times that by ten and you know what it's like to be at a southern football game. There isn't a seat open in the entire stadium, people have been tailgating for DAYS before the game, fights break out against rivaling teams and harsh words but an overwhelming sense of pride and happiness from the games. It's a little insane.
Also, it's a formal event. Formal.

I went to my first game here and I cut up my shirt (like a lot of people in Arizona had done) and I walked in and not a single person was in a ripped up shirt. No, all the girls were in dresses! Dresses! And most in heels! At a football game! I was a little shocked, to say the least. You can go anywhere in this town and there will be people in nike shorts, big t-shits that look like pajamas or jeans and cowboy boots. A nice restaurant, school, a date. The only time you see dresses in this town is when you're at a bar or at a football game. XD A little interesting for me.

Where I ever wear a dress to a football game? No. But I will look nicer in my jeans and t-shirts going to school then most haha.

That's all, just hadn't updated in a while. I have a few photos to put up here, so keep an eye out loves.


You may also like

No comments:

Blog Archive