Eleven things I've learned about Dublin thus far

0 Comments
1. You feel all four seasons in a day.

I'm not even joking. One minute it's sunny and warm and you want to lay down and nap, and the next it's absolutely freezing and windy and then one more moment and it's raining. Layers are the key.

2. It's a sleepy city. They like to sleep in.

No body goes into work until nine. The other day we were out and about at seven and the city was deserted. Nobody was out walking or anything. It was like we were in a ghost town. Even when I had to head into work early today and be there at eight, it was a quarter till eight and hardly anyone was around.

3. No tax.

If it's two euro, it's only two euro.

4. The sun stays out until ten.

This just throws off my eating schedule as I think it's only five and it's really nine out and I haven't eaten since noon.

5. Everyone walks very fast.

The pace is relaxed, but faster than I walk. They aren't rushed, they just walk fast.

6. Everyone takes street signals as suggestions.

Turned yellow in the car in front of us? Oh well, keep going. And no one gets mad, everyone does it. Turning red? Nah, I think I'll go anyway. It's the same with walking across the street. The no walking sign is only a suggestion.

7. Street lanes are only a suggestion.

I've found in the few car rides I've been in, the lines in the street mean jack shit. Oh, this line separates us from oncoming traffic? Nah, I think I'll just drive straight down the middle because I can.

8. This city is awesome.

That is self explanatory.

9. Hardly tip.

Or they don't, but it's standard to do ten percent and waiters look at me funny when I go to give them a tip.

10. You have to hail a bus.

If you don't they zoom right on pass. But they're all DOUBLE DECKER WHICH IS THE BOMB.

11. Everyone here is super nice.

Genuinely nice. I love it.


You may also like

No comments:

Blog Archive